Monday, April 13, 2009

My Biodata

My family moved in to Singapore at the age of 12. My dad chose Singapore due to its close proximity to Indonesia and its highly recognized education system. As I was not exposed to English language at a young age, I had to attend a language school for six months in Singapore to adapt and learn the proper use of English language.

In 2000, I entered a local government secondary school in Toa Payoh District. In secondary school, I was frequently involved in sport events such as intra-school basketball competitions, annual cross country run and sports day apart from my CCA. I found my passion for sports since I joined the Outdoor Activity Club as my CCA. It was through this CCA that I became more self-reliant, resourceful and adaptable. Through the frequent outdoor camping trips where we often had to share our basic necessities such as food and shelter, I learnt valuable organizational skills and leadership skills which were not taught in class.

In Junior College, I was an active member of the college tennis team. Despite having no prior experience in tennis, I was warmly welcomed by the team. I enjoy the challenge of picking up new skills especially in sport activities. Until now, I have experienced the thrill of various sport activities such as rock-climbing, scuba diving, hiking, fencing, tennis and biathlon.

Academically, I have always had a great passion for numbers and I like to do critical thinking. Therefore, I chose to specialize in Statistics. This semester is my graduating semester. I am looking forward to venture into the working world. Although the economy is not doing very well at the moment, I choose to stay positive and I feel that now is a right time for me to learn and hopefully make a significant contribution to the economy in the future.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Jaenette,

    I was reading through your blog posts to look for my comments to do the self-assessment and I come across your biodata.

    Wow! Cool! In Chinese, there's this saying, we can never know a person just by his/her looks. In English, I supposed it is "never judge a book by its cover". Really can't tell you are so sporty and were so active in so many activities before. You did fencing and biathlon! Want to join some races together? =) Tennis! I've been asking Hui Xia and Shu Juan to teach me tennis, but our plans to play tennis before ES2007S class never come to pass. After exams, let's gather and play!

    Gosh! I think we should post this Biodata earlier in the semester, so that we can know one another better and can mingle out of class to enjoy similar hobbies and interests. If you are going to hike, scuba dive or whatever, call me along ya?

    Okay, on a serious note about your Biodata, it would be better if you could include any leadership position. It will help to enhance your Biodata. And do you have any working experiences? One more thing, you can mention how your background as a Indonesian in Singpaore moulds you to be a more independent learner and develop a competitive spirit or something of this sort. I feel that because of this difference, there bound to have certain qualities that you have developed. Do explore on this point. =)

    All the best in looking for a job that you'll enjoy! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janeatte,

    I did not know that you are so active in sports until I read your biodata. Wow, I really impressed by you!!!=)

    However, I feel that you did not emphasize your experience and leadership skills that you have gained throughout your education life. I think it is better to include them as it can impress the people who read your biodata.

    Besides that, the tone of your biodata is very casual and informal. This might not suitable to be used as a staff profile in the company that you will be joining in the future.

    That's all about my comment. I feel that I can know more about you after I read you biodata!!Thanks for sharing!!!=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jaenette,

    Thank you for sharing with us your biodata!

    Like what Grace has mentioned, I am really impressed by your passion for sports. You seriously do not look the sporty type! Never judge the book by it's cover!

    As for your biodata, I think you will be able to showcase yourself better if you can elaborate further on how your experiences has helped to mould your character and developed the skills that you possess.

    In addition, similar to what Grace said, it will be much better if you can include your working experience, and what you have gained from it. Such small but significant details will put yourself above the rest, when it comes to searching of jobs.

    However, I think that this is still a good biodata as it really tells me much more about you. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for the comment! I will improve on my biodata! Thanks once again! =)

    ReplyDelete