Monday, April 13, 2009

The Big O ..for Oral Presentation!

I am disappointed with my poor slide management during my oral presentation today. I feel that insufficient emphasis on the slides was given on the recommendation that our group had proposed.

Also, I feel that there was not enough cohesive 'connection' between my group members during the actual presentation. Perhaps this was because we were pretty nervous then.

At the start of my presentation, I tried to remain calm by maintaining good eye contact with the audiences. Since the audiences were my classmates, I received encouraging gestures such as smile (Thanks Jane!) and nod from the audiences which assured me that 'I am doing fine and I should not panic'. Thus, I could remember and convey my points pretty smoothly.

I feel that there is still a lot of room for improvement in my presentation skill. Thank you for listening and commenting on our presentation. I really appreciate it!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jenn!

    Please don't think you did badly. I felt that you did pretty well, infact great!

    Firstly, your pace was just nice, and your voice was very clear and audible. I felt that you were confident even though there were times where the nervousness could be seen from your small expressions here and there.

    Secondly, I felt that you had good control over the presentation, and that you were well prepared in answering the questions, which I purposefully had asked. You were quick witted, and articulate in answering the questions, and it also showed depth about how much you know about your topic. This made your ideas even easier to sell, because you were sure about the topic.

    I felt that the only point to take note was of your standing position. In your attempt to relate to your slide and the audience at the same time, I felt that you did not entirely look at everyone especially those to your extreme left. It would have been better if you angled yourself such that you don't forget those people along the side! (:

    Nonetheless, I think you still did a great job. Remember to just keep calm especially when you feel nervous! That by itself would be half the battle won!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jaenette,

    Our group felt that your group had a very impactful opening with the help of the video managed to capture the urgency for change initiatives in using an alternative energy source. In addition, the music used in the video was also appropriately used.
    Furthermore, the handout given to us not only helped us in understanding key terms used in your presentation but also showed the effort your group put into the presentation.

    The pace of your presentation and the posture your group portrayed was appropriate and professional.

    During Q & A, your group could have switched on the lights in the classroom to encourage more interaction with the audience. However, it was good that all of your members answered the questions reflecting shared responsibility among your group. This also showed that your group was knowledgeable on the content of your project.

    Lastly, we noticed that your group could have presented your recommendations in a clearer fashion to allow your audience to comprehend your information better. Our group felt that this could be due to poor structural flow.

    Thank you for your good effort and hard work in your presentation. All the best to all your future presentations!

    ReplyDelete